Miners Minders are a group of customers who reside at our Extra Care scheme, and are supported to volunteer their time.
Their tasks include:
- Helping new customers settle into Miners Court
- Befriending customers who are experiencing loneliness
- Assisting staff with events/ activities
- Completing monthly walk-a-rounds and litter picks
If you are a customer of Miners Court and are interested in getting involved please speak to a member of the Extra Care team. You will be provided with an induction into the role of a Miners Minder and provided with relevant training. You will then be supported by staff in undertaking your volunteer tasks.
Customers have commented that they have experienced the following benefits from donating their time:
- Greater self-confidence
- Improved self esteem
- Learnt new and developed existing skills
- Feel part of their community
- Met new people and made friends
- Helped to keep them physically active