Customer at the Heart Awards
At Coastline we value our customers and take the opportunity every year to come together and celebrate achievements and community connections.
2019 has seen some incredible successes for customers and communities alike, and we now invite you to nominate yourself or a member of your community in the categories listed below.
Winners in 2019/20
Volunteer of the Year was Gerald Pitt, who has made a significant contribution to the Coastline’s Homeless Service in Pool. He has worked closely with staff and clients to bring extra help and support to many people without a home or concerned about their current housing situation.
The award for Partnership Project of the Year was presented to Sue Bartlett from Active Plus, who manages the Coast to Coast area for Positive People, through the Lottery Community Fund and ESF funding. Sue works with clients on Coastline’s work placement scheme to look for extra training opportunities and to reduce barriers to accessing them, such as course funding and transport costs.
A special award was given to Jed Fitzharris, outgoing Chair of Coastline’s Customer Scrutiny Committee, to acknowledge his contribution to ensuring services keep close to customer priorities and expectations.
Others receiving awards included John Hosking, Digital Achiever of the Year, following his extensive work with people needing help to get online. Sue Roberts and Wendy James were jointly commended as Involved Customers of the Year for their ongoing work representing the views of many residents.
Allister Young, Chief Executive of Coastline Housing, and Derek Law MBE, Chairman of Coastline group, had the pleasure of presenting the awards.
Derek said: “I am always incredibly impressed to hear about the work of people in our communities. Their contributions and the difference they make to lives around the Duchy every day show just how caring neighbours and local groups can be. Coastline is honoured to be able to help give them the recognition they deserve.”
Entertainment was provided by the Coastline Singers, a group of colleagues who come together in their spare time as part of Coastline’s wellbeing programme. They performed a range of songs including traditional Cornish tunes.
- inspiring futures Achievers of the Year - individuals who have gained skills and confidence through the inspiring futures work placements, Coastline Construct, or SMART Tenant programmes.
- Good Neighbour of the Year - an individual who has made a difference to your life.
- Involved Customer of the Year - an individual who has made a contribution to help shape Coastline’s services to meet the needs of customers.
- Digital Achiever of the Year - an individual who has gained skills and confidence on a computer, tablet or smartphone, through Coastline’s Digital Upskilling programme or within the community.
- Volunteer of the Year - an individual who has made a contribution through volunteering to support Coastline communities or customers.
- Community Project of the Year - a community project (complete or in planning stages) that has made/will make a positive difference to the lives of local people.
- Partnership Project of the Year - a partnership that has made a positive contribution to Coastline communities or customers.
- Young Person of the Year - a young person who has made a contribution to your community, or deserves recognition for a personal achievement.
- Garden Competition - a garden that makes neighbours smile with its bright colours or beautiful decorations.