Cuckooing is when a drug dealer moves into the home of someone vulnerable to store and sell drugs.
The person will choose someone they can scare, bully and control. They will seem friendly at first.
Signs to look out for:
- More people than normal going into someone’s house
- People calling in at all times of day and night
- Different cars pulling up outside the house and not staying long
- Strangers who block off the doors and windows to the house
- If you haven't seen your neighbour for a while
If you are worried about or think someone is a victim of cuckooing please:
- Call the police on 101
- Tell your local PCSO
- Ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
You do not have to give your name or details.